Our virtual tour of a Family Friendly Partnership School combines the concepts of architecture and improvement planning for a sustained program of actions by educators and families.
- The school office has no counter between the family and the office staff. Removing this barrier encourages communication and is less intimidating to the customer.
- If there is a counter, consider how to make it friendly, e.g. placement of flowers, seasonal displays, welcome sign, etc.
- Not all counters are barriers, some make it easy for people to put down papers and books as they talk.
- Help others (e.g. maintenance and food service staffs, students, etc.) in the school be aware that when they see a visitor badge on a person they should say Hello, May I help you? Welcome to our school, etc.
- In-service training for all staff is available on how to respond to the family in person or on the telephone.
If you are interested in providing some in-service training for all your staff, here is list of possible choices:
The Fred Factor: How passion in your work and life can turn the ordinary into the extraordinary by Mark Sanborn ($14.95)
Sanborn reveals four basic principles that will help you bring fresh energy and creativity to your life and work.
Visit FredFactor.com for a free audio lesson and online resources.
For ideas on how to use this resource with your staff contact:
Sherri Lowe, OSS Lead, Contact Center and Vendor Maintenance -
1-877-644-6771 or Sherri L. Lowe.
You've Got Customers! . . . Effective Customer Service
Highly entertaining and motivational, the Give’em the PICKLE! training will inspire management and employees to do the most important thing they can do in business . . . take care of the customer.
For more information, contact: The Ohio Department of Education, Office of Human Resources - 1-877-466-6338.
Go to Site 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
Click here to return to the introduction page