Family Friendly Partnership School - Site 13: Auditorium/Gymnasium
Our virtual tour of a Family Friendly Partnership School combines the concepts of architecture and improvement planning for a sustained program of actions by educators and families.
- The auditorium is where the parents, staff and principals are able to meet for the open house, informational and parent meetings, such as the required Title I Annual Meeting.
- This room is set up for assemblies, guest speakers and may be available for community use.
- The gymnasium is open for community use.
Title I Annual Meeting
No Child Left Behind Act, Title I, Section 1118 (c)(1)
POLICY INVOLVEMENT-Each school served under this part shall--convene an annual meeting, at a convenient time, to which all parents of participating children shall be invited and encouraged to attend, to inform parents of their school’s participation under this part and to explain the requirements of this part and the right of the parents to be involved;
- Have name tags list your child or children’s name along with the adult’s name. This helps the school staff identify the parent/family and address them in a welcoming manner.
- Before or during a school meeting, distribute a glossary of educational terms, abbreviations and/or acronyms, so the attendees can understand what is being explained and/or discussed.
- Attend school board meetings and other opportunities for input and decision making.
Go to Site 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
Click here to return to the introduction page