Our virtual tour of a Family Friendly Partnership School combines the concepts of architecture and improvement planning for a sustained program of actions by educators and families.
Leaving the Building:
- Visitors sign out in the school office and return their visitor badge.
- Literature, brochures and a welcome bag on various parenting/school topics are available near the door for parents to pick up on their way out of the building.
- The welcome bag that includes written information about the school, a magnet or pen with the school's phone number/e-mail address on it, the district's annual report and plan, a copy of An Introduction for Families to Understanding Ohio's New Academic Content Standards, Standards Guides for Families as well as other family-related publications and some basic school supplies for the child. The welcome bag could be sponsored by the PTA/PTO group.
- A sign placed for parents to see as they leave the building says "Thanks for contributing to the education of your child!"
- School office staff says a friendly good-bye and thanks for visiting!
One kind of welcome bag is the Mansfield City Schools Kindergarten Welcoming Packets. Community partners assemble the packets, which are distributed to incoming kindergarten students at the orientation meeting. For information on the contents and sources of supplies for the welcome packets, contact Deb McKee.
For more information about this project, contact:
Deb McKee, Family Involvement Coordinator
Mansfield City Schools
Go to Site 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
Click here to return to the introduction page