Ohio Department of Education announces newly designated STEM and STEAM schools
Ohio’s STEM (science, technology, engineering and mathematics) Committee recently approved 11 new STEM and STEAM (science, technology, engineering, arts and mathematics) schools for next school year that will focus on inquiry and a design-thinking approach to science, technology, engineering, mathematics, the arts and humanities.
The newly designated schools include:
- Bishop Flaget School (Ross County)
- Boulevard Elementary School (Cuyahoga County)
- Gesu Catholic School (Cuyahoga County)
- Graham Elementary School (Champaign County)
- Graham Middle School (Champaign County)
- Lander Elementary School (Cuyahoga County)
- Orchard STEM School (Cuyahoga County)
- Saint Joseph School (Lorain County)
- I Promise School (Summit County)
- Southdale Elementary School (Montgomery County)
- STEAMM Academy @ Hartford Middle School (Stark County)
- Saint Ambrose School (Medina County) **This school previously was designated as a STEM school.
To learn more about STEM and STEAM education in Ohio, click here