Alternative Education Leaders Network meeting registration open
Mark your calendar for the second meeting of the Alternative Education Leaders Network, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Sept. 5, at the Educational Service Center of Central Ohio.
The network, a joint project of the Ohio Department of Education, KnowledgeWorks and the ESC of Central Ohio, is designed to:
- Share evidence-based practices;
- Facilitate peer-to-peer learning;
- Promote collaborative problem-solving; and
- Ensure alternative education leaders have access to Department initiatives, such as the Cross-State High School Redesign Collaborative and others.
The network will meet three times during 2018. It is open to leaders from community schools and traditional districts that operate dropout prevention and recovery programs and community school sponsors and other education stakeholders with innovative programs designed to address the needs of students at risk of dropping out.
The tentative September agenda includes:
- Alternative Pathways to Success Spotlight;
- Spotlight: Milford Exempted Village School District;
- Connecting with the Ohio Department of Education;
- Working with Vulnerable Students;
- Discussing Ohio’s Membership in the National Alternative Education Association;
- Collective Problem-Solving and Peer-to-Peer Learning: Problem of Practice;
- Revisiting Career Opportunities for Students in Alternative Settings; and
- Utilizing Effective Personalized Learning in Alternative Schools.
For questions about network meetings, please email Buddy Harris
. Registration is available in STARS using your SAFE account
; keyword AELN
, or email Buddy Harris. Registration is limited to 70 attendees.