New guide available on aligning national and state early learning standards
The Early Learning Standards Alignment Guide is available to help educators and administrators understand the relationship between the Ohio Early Learning and Development Standards and the Head Start Early Learning Outcomes Framework, the national child development standards. The guide will help schools:
- Guide the alignment process and help early learning programs strengthen their practices for promoting children’s development in all domains;
- Coordinate the functioning of components in an early childhood program; and
- Inform training and professional development for the field of early care and education.
The comprehensive guide:
- Is a useful reference for Head Start grantees implementing program and teaching practices aligned with the Early Learning Outcomes Framework and, if appropriate, the Early Learning and Development Standards;
- Establishes the relationship between state and national child development standards and supports a continuum of learning for infants, toddlers and preschoolers;
- Features an alignment comparison that shows schools how best practices apply to different domains; and
- Can guide teachers by helping them see how their curriculum, Early Learning and Development Standards, and Early Learning Outcomes Framework connect.
For answers to questions about the guide, please email the Office of Early Learning and School Readiness at ELSR@education.ohio.gov
or call (877) 644-6338.