Register now for free adolescent literacy regional meetings
Plan to attend one of several upcoming regional meetings, Adolescent Literacy: Leading with Literacy. The events will feature Dr. Mel Riddile, former Met Life/NASSP National High School Principal of the Year and the Virginia High School Principal of the Year. Dr. Riddile will discuss the importance of using a literacy-embedded instructional framework to raise student achievement. Participants will explore using this framework to reduce the variation in teaching quality by setting a clear set of expectations for all teachers.
See the list of regions and dates below. The target audience is secondary building administrators and their literacy teams. Please check the current STARS status for your preferred location. Dates are subject to change.
- Aug. 6 – Region 11, Educational Service Center of Central Ohio, Columbus;
- Aug. 7 – Region 13, West Clermont High School, Cincinnati;
- Aug. 9 – Region 9, RG Drage Career Technical Center, Massillon;
- Aug. 14 – Region 1, The Findlay Inn and Conference Center, Findlay;
- Aug. 15 – Region 12, Zane State College Cambridge Campus, Cambridge.
Registration is available in STARS through the OH|ID portal
(formerly SAFE): keyword instructional framework
. The event is free, but registration is required. Please email questions to Marcia Barnhart