Summer learning opportunities focus on career advising and pathway planning
This summer, join professionals across Ohio to learn about career advising, business advisory councils, student success and graduation plans, and career pathways during the SuccessBound Summer Learning Series. This training is free and open to all education, career and workforce readiness leaders!
SuccessBound is an educational approach and communication strategy that brings together Ohio’s strong business and education partners to engage and inspire Ohioans about career opportunities beginning as early as kindergarten.
Every event in this series will be held virtually on Microsoft Teams. More information, including how to tune in will be posted here when it is available. Following the events, presentations will be recorded and posted here.
Learning session topics and dates include:
- July 6, 2020 at 1 p.m.: Planning for Remote Career Advising in Resetting and Restarting School
- July 13, 2020 at 1 p.m.: Implementing Meaningful Graduation and Student Success Planning
- July 20, 2020 at 1 p.m.: Connecting Business and Education Leaders through Business Advisory Councils
The series will conclude with the 2020 Career Connections Conference on July 27 from 9 a.m. – 1 p.m. This virtual event will include breakout sessions, energizing keynote speakers and panel discussions. Career Connections offer practical ways for educators, school counselors and caregivers to show students the types of careers possible for students through intentional career advising practices. Attendees will leave with innovative ideas and resources for kicking off the school year! Breakout sessions planned for the conference include:
- Career and College Readiness through Pathways
- Illuminating Engineering with Project-Based Learning
- Utilizing Social-Emotional Competencies to Equip Students for the Workforce
- Making the Most of Graduation and Student Success Plans
- Developing Quality Mentorships in a Remote Environment
- OhioMeansJobs K-12 - Reporting Tools: Navigating New Features
Register today for the conference and find a tentative schedule here.
More information on the SuccessBound Summer Learning Series will be available here. You also can contact CareerConnections@education.ohio.gov.