Nominations for Kathe Shelby Leadership Award close Aug. 30
This annual award recognizes outstanding leadership by a special education educator in Ohio. The Ohio Department of Education’s Office for Exceptional Children will present the award at OCALICON 2019, the nation’s premier autism and disabilities conference.
Award nominees should meet the following criteria:
- Be currently employed in special education with a minimum of 15 years of full-time experience;
- Be knowledgeable about effective programming for children with disabilities;
- Be knowledgeable about special education law;
- Demonstrate exceptional skills in improving the quality of special education programming for Ohio's children; and
- Display daily evidence of initiative, influence with and respect toward children with special needs, their parents, special and general education teachers, related services personnel and school administrators.
Nominations are due Friday, Aug. 30. Please visit the OCALICON 2019 awards webpage
for more information or to submit a nomination. The award honors the late Kathe Shelby, director of the Office for Exceptional Children from 2008-2011.