Free Zoom and INFOhio training to all Ohio school districts
INFOhio is offering free Zoom training to all Ohio school districts. Zoom video collaboration software enables teachers and students to engage in high-quality, live, online learning opportunities. Zoom requires no special technology and can be used on any platform, including Windows, Mac, iOS, Android and Chromebooks. Remote students without computers or smart devices still can participate via audio using a telephone.
Each session also provides training on how to leverage all of INFOhio's free, high-quality content. INFOhio content is equitable for students with or without internet access, easy to use remotely and covers almost all Ohio standards, benchmarks and indicators articulated in the state standards and model curriculum.
Join in on this valuable training opportunity and attend one or both sessions. Each will be recorded and posted to the Management Council Community for public access.
- Wednesday, March 18 at 10 a.m.: Using Zoom for Teaching
- This session introduces participants to logging on, initiating and joining classes (meetings), using different devices (tablets, phones, laptops) and managing classes, which includes audio, video, recording, viewing options, sharing screens, tracking student engagement, grouping students into breakout rooms and other instructional strategies.
- Friday, March 20 at 1 p.m.: Getting Started & Using Zoom
- This follow-up webinar reinforces the concepts presented in Wednesday’s session, provides more background on recording and using the mobile Zoom app, introduces more instructional and management techniques, and provides background on how to get support.
- Available in both sessions, participants will have the opportunity to learn more about INFOhio, including:
- Teach and Learn with Digital Resources (grade level and subject area with instructional strategies); and
- Teach and Learn with Educator Tools (lessons plans and resources aligned to Ohio standards, benchmarks and indicators)
For additional information regarding the training, please read INFOhio’s What’s New post
, Zoom and INFOhio Training Offered to All Ohio School Districts
or contact your local Information Technology Center