First Purple Star schools announced
In a celebration last week at Hamilton Township High School, State Superintendent Paolo DeMaria announced the first eight schools to receive Ohio’s Purple Star Award. The award recognizes schools that show a major commitment to serving students and families connected to our nation’s armed forces.
The Purple Star Award schools are:
- Beverly Gardens Elementary School (Mad River Local Schools);
- Caldwell High School (Caldwell Exempted Village Local Schools);
- Hamilton Township High School (Hamilton Local Schools);
- Liberty Middle School (Olentangy Local Schools);
- Oak Harbor Middle School (Benton-Carroll-Salem Local Schools);
- Swanton Middle School (Swanton Local Schools);
- Trebein Elementary School (Beavercreek City Schools);
- Wooster High School (Wooster City Schools).
For more information on the Purple Star Award, click here