New OLAC module released: Teams Using Data Wisely
The Ohio Leadership Advisory Council’s free module, Teams Using Data Wisely, addresses many issues related to the collection, analysis and effective use of data by educators as they work together to enhance learning for students. This module drills down to issues of handling data in Ohio's collaborative learning teams.
The content in this module is intended to align closely with the content of the OLAC modules on Assessment and Creating Cultures Grounded in Data. The following topics are discussed in the module text, linked resources and embedded videos from Ohio schools:
- Support for the effective use of data;
- Cautions regarding the quantitative aspects of data;
- Cautions regarding the qualitative aspects of data;
- Teacher-based teams and the use of the 5-step process;
- Decision-making for teacher-based teams;
- Schoolwide data and the building leadership team;
- Building leadership teams supporting collective efficacy and data use by teacher-based teams;
- Strategic data issues of the district leadership team; and
- District leadership team support for the evidence-based needs of buildings.
The Ohio Leadership Advisory Council offers educators credit and contact hours for OLAC work. Teachers, principals and superintendents who are working toward license renewal can receive university credit for completing OLAC modules from several Ohio universities. Preapproval is required. For estimated contact hours for credit or to learn more about receiving credit for OLAC work, visit the Credit Corner