Regional meetings provide review of new career-technical education legislation
On July 31, the Strengthening Career and Technical Education for the 21st Century Act was signed into law. The Office of Career-Technical Education and Ohio Department of Higher Education are co-hosting regional meetings to provide an overview of this new legislation. The agenda will include:
- A general overview of the new law, including key changes; and
- Opportunities to discuss special topics related to the new legislation, such as accountability, equity and local needs assessment requirements.
Meeting attendance is recommended for career-technical education superintendents, directors and treasurers.
Regional meetings are scheduled from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the following locations:
- Thursday, Sept. 27 – The Lodge at Hocking College;
- Friday, Oct. 5 – Columbus State Community College (Delaware Campus);
- Friday, Oct. 19 – Great Oaks District Office (Technology Conference Center);
- Thursday, Nov. 1 – Mahoning County Career & Technical Center; and
- Monday, Nov. 5 – Penta Career Center.
Meals are not provided. Please register using this 2018 Fall Meeting Registration
For more information, contact your assigned education program specialist