Ohio Turnpike showcases careers at open house
Here’s something to pass along to parents: The Ohio Turnpike and Infrastructure Commission invites K-12 students and their families to the Ohio Turnpike Open House taking place at each of the Ohio Turnpike's eight maintenance buildings along the 241-mile highway. The event is Saturday, Oct. 21, from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Kids can see heavy equipment up close, and high school students thinking about careers can hear about the many jobs the Turnpike offers, including accountants, engineers, auto body specialists, carpenters, roadway specialists, plumbers and toll collectors.
Reach the events at these facilities from these local roadways:
- Kunkle Maintenance Building, 13643 County Road 17, Pioneer, OH 43554
- Swanton Maintenance Building, 8891 County Road #1, Swanton, 43558
- Elmore Maintenance Building, 20100 West S.R. 105, Elmore, 43416
- Castalia Maintenance Building, 7201 State Route 269, Castalia, 44824
- Amherst Maintenance Building, 7800 Oberlin Road, Amherst, 44035
- Boston Maintenance Building, 3245 Boston Mills Road, Richfield, 44286
- Hiram Maintenance Building, 9196 S.R. 700, Windham, 44288
- Canfield Maintenance Building, 6896 Tippecanoe Road, Canfield, 44406
For additional information, contact Brian Newbacher
or call (440) 971-2066