Workforce and education learning series begins Sept. 22
Education, business and community leaders can join policymakers in a series of virtual workshops this fall to strengthen collaboration with the goal of better preparing Ohioans for the in-demand jobs of today’s economy and to learn about the recently released Bridging Ohio’s Workforce Gap report.
The Aim Hire Workforce and Education Symposium is sponsored by Ohio Excels, a nonpartisan coalition of business leaders, and the Governor’s Office of Workforce Transformation. The series kickoff event will be held on Sept. 22 and will feature Jon Husted, Ohio Lt. Governor and Director of the Governor’s Office of Workforce Transformation, and Joseph Fuller, Professor of Management Practice in General Management and Co-Lead of Managing the Future of Work at the Harvard Business School.
Other series topics and dates are:
- Sept. 29 – You Say FAFSA, Parents Say “WHAT?”: Supports and Solutions to Drive FAFSA Completion
- Oct. 13 – Building Cred: Ohio Workers Benefit from Earning Industry-Recognized Credentials
- Oct. 27 – Unrealized Opportunities: Workers with Disabilities Bring Strengths that Every Employer Needs
- Nov. 10 – Apprenticeships Today: Earn While You Learn
- Dec. 1 – The Vital Link: Building Lasting Links Between Education and Business to Benefit Workers, Industry and Ohio
Business and education leaders will also participate, including Margie Wright-McGowan, Senior VP, People and Culture and Chief Human Resource Officer, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland; Pat Tiberi, President and CEO of the Ohio Business Roundtable; Joseph Roman, President and CEO of the Greater Cleveland Partnership; and Reginald Wilkinson, President of Connecting the Dots and a Trustee at The Ohio State University.
Register here today
. Please email email@example.com
with any questions.