Office of Community School July Updates
Greetings Community Schools and Sponsors,
As we prepare for the opening of the 18-19 school year, the Office of Community Schools (OCS) wanted to provide some updates to schools/sponsors.
- Registration is still open for the Auditor of State’s training for Community Schools on Wednesday, August 1.
- As schools experience change in staff and/or updates to the school profile [i.e. name, address, grade level] it is critical that the Ohio Educational Directory (OEDS) is updated. This system is used to populate data systems throughout ODE and create contact lists. Some of the items we are asking schools/sponsors to review to ensure accuracy for include:
- While a school maybe contracted for K-12, it is extremely helpful to parents and ODE to know the grade levels the school services. Since the “Find a School” feature on ODE’s website uses the grade spans listed in OEDS, having the grade served by your building will be useful to prospective parents.
- Sponsor relationship
- Grade Levels – particularly the grade levels the school is serving for the 18-19 school year.
- The 2018-2019 Sponsor Opening Assurances have been posted and schools/sponsors should be engaging in completing these no later than 10 business days prior to the start of school for this year.
- OAPT/ODE are holding a Community School Transportation Training. Information can be found on the OAPT website.
- The Office of Community Schools will be providing feedback on the May submission of the five-year forecasts next week.
- E-Schools: A friendly reminder that the iNacol standards for quality online programs are a useful guide and provide a self-evaluation that can be useful as schools are implementing plans and looking for areas to target resources. We recommend reviewing the standards and scheduling time to complete the self-evaluation.
Sponsor Specific Updates:
Karl J. Koenig
Office of Community Schools