Community School Sponsor Updates
I know all of you are busy with closing out the school year and working on the Compliance component of the Sponsor Evaluation, however, I wanted to take a moment to share some information with you from our office.
• The sponsor evaluation submission for the compliance component is Friday, June 29, 2018, 11:59 PM. Document submissions can be removed or replaced until the submission deadline.
• Notes for Specific Oversight of Schools Items:
o Item #120 - The Department created a submission type in Epicenter for sponsors to
provide their responses. The submission type, Student Assessment Time, can be accessed under the Sponsor Compliance Review in Epicenter. This submission item applies primarily to sponsors that answered “No” for Compliance Question 1 on the worksheet. For sponsors that respond “No” to Compliance Question 1, please answer Compliance Question 2 by entering “Yes” or “No” as text for the narrative for this item. For sponsors that answered “Yes” to Compliance Question 1 and were certified Compliant for this item, please enter “Compliant” as narrative text for this submission.
o Item #200 – This item will be disregarded for the 2017-2018 sponsor evaluation cycle. In Epicenter to remove this item from a sponsor’s task queue, please enter “N/A” or “Not Applicable” in the narrative. The item will continue to display in the sponsor’s task queue until it is resolved. Any documentation previously uploaded to Epicenter can be removed before the submission deadline, however, the evaluators will not review documentation submitted for this item during their review.
o Item #666 – The documentation requirement for this item has been removed for this item for the 2017-2018 sponsor evaluation cycle. Sponsors are still required to respond to the component questions for this compliance item. In Epicenter to remove this item from a sponsor’s task queue, please enter “N/A” or “Not Applicable” in the narrative. The item will continue to display in the sponsor’s task queue until it is resolved. Any documentation previously uploaded to Epicenter can be removed before the submission deadline, however, the evaluators will not review documentation submitted for this item during their review.
• Sponsors will be notified of the schools selected for the onsite review for the compliance component following the June 29th submission deadline.
• The Sponsor Expenditure Guidance has been updated (the template for non-district reporting remains unchanged). The document is located on the Community Schools homepage under the Sponsors heading.
• With the start of the new fiscal year just around the corner, please remember that schools' requests for dropout recovery designation for the 2018-19 school year and changes to blended learning status must be submitted by July 1.
• Also, the sponsor's school closure/suspension quarterly report for any community schools still in the closeout process is due July 1. Quarterly reports must be submitted using the recently revised closure/suspension template.
Should you have any questions, please contact your consultant.
Colleen D. Grady
Executive Director, Office of School Options
Ohio Department of Education
25 South Front Street
Columbus, Ohio 43215