Office of Community School Update - March 8, 2019
Greetings Community School Sponsors,
The Office of Community Schools is providing a few reminders, announcements and School Improvement updates.
School Improvement Updates
- Reminder – March 15, 2019, is the deadline to enter into a preliminary agreement with schools looking to open next school year or the year after. Please provide those to the office via Epicenter as soon as possible.
- Reminder – March 15, 2019, is the deadline to submit a completed 2018-2019 Intent to Participate in Quality Practices Interview form via Epicenter.
- Announcement – The office is working to release information about the Charter Schools Program (CSP) grant for the 2019-2020 school year. I will contact potentially eligible sponsors next week to talk about opportunities for implementation grants that will be in the first or second year of operation in 2019-2020 and, for the first time, schools that meet a proposed high-quality and expansion definition. Stay tuned!
- The Office of Community Schools will host a webinar regarding School Improvement Plans on Tuesday, March 12 at 2:30 p.m. (call-in information at the bottom of this message).
- The Office of Community Schools began returning comments for School Improvement Plans submitted in December. Plans are identified as “Sufficient,” “Sufficient with recommendations” or “Insufficient, requires revision.” This first batch of plans that must be revised will need to be resubmitted by April 1. The remainder of plan reviews will be returned as completed, with rolling due dates for resubmission for those plans deemed insufficient.
- Sponsors may give schools additional time to submit approval by the school’s governing authority. As plans are returned, schools will have approximately one month to make any required revisions (with additional time to submit approval by the school’s governing authority). The deadline will be indicated on the communication received by the sponsor via Epicenter.
- Sponsors can request a conference call to review comments and ask questions. For more information or to schedule a call, please contact: email@example.com.
The Office of Community Schools is hosting four School Improvement Quadrant Meetings in March. These meetings are a follow up to the submission of improvement plans and regional meetings held last fall. All schools designated as Priority schools or received ratings of “needs intervention” for special education are required to attend one of these meetings. Sponsors are strongly encouraged to attend Quadrant Meetings as well. Attendees will learn about issues related to School Improvement Plans, including data analysis, needs assessments, root cause, plan alignment, implementation monitoring and additional topics as time allows.
Please register in STARS.
3/14/19 ESC Central Ohio
2080 Citygate Drive
Columbus, OH 43219
3/19/19 Sinclair Community College
444 W. Third Street
Dayton, OH 45402
3/21/19 Lake Erie West ESC
2275 Collingwood Blvd
Toledo, OH 43620
3/26/19 Cuyahoga County ESC
6393 Oak Tree Blvd
Independence, OH 44131
Community School Improvement Webinar Information
Join Skype Meeting
Trouble Joining? Try Skype Web App
Join by phone
1-614-466-7177, access code: 5477977 (Ohio) English (United States)
Find a local number
Conference ID: 5477977 (same as access code above)
Forgot your dial-in PIN?
Karl Koenig, Director
Office of Community Schools