EMIS Newsflash – April 13, 2020
FY20 March (D) Follow-up Collection, v4
FY20 SOES End of Year Student (S) Collection, v4
Please refer to the Release Notes
for details regarding these newly posted collection requests.
Updated FY20 EMIS Data Collection Calendar Posted
The FY20 EMIS Collection Calendar
has been adjusted to reflect changes due to the ordered school-building closure and House Bill (HB) 197. Please keep in mind that dates are subject to change.
The following are reflected in the revised EMIS calendar.
Updates to Data Appeal Webpage
- HB 197 eliminates the requirement to calculate Value Added data on the FY20 Ohio District and School Report Cards. As such, the Department can provide districts with 3 additional weeks to report student data.
- Spring End of Course and Spring State Assessments Grades 3-8 data will not be collected this school year. The related Collections have been cancelled.
- The March (D) Follow-up Collection and the Child Outcome Summary Assessment (A) Collection have both been extended by several weeks.
- The Financial (H) Supplemental Collection has been removed. This is not due to the ordered school-building closure. See FY20 EMIS change 20-91 for more information.
The data appeal webpage
will be updated in the next several days with revised dates, where appropriate. The following will be reflected on the revised appeals calendar.
Updates Due to Ohio’s Ordered School-Building Closure
- A new data appeal window will be added for Fall End of Course State Assessment data. The new appeal will be opening later in April.
- The data appeal windows for many collections closing in August will be extended by several days.
The Department has created a coronavirus-specific page
that is updated regularly to provide Ohio’s schools and districts with information and resources during Ohio’s ordered school-building closure. The following are a few of the most recently posted links.
This is only a partial list of the information provided on the Department’s website. Please visit the main page
regularly to keep up with the latest developments as more documents and FAQs will be posted.
EMIS ITC Conference Call Notes
The notes for the April 6, 2020, ITC Conference Call have been posted. You can find a short description of the purpose of the calls along with a link to the notes on the EMIS website