EMIS Newsflash – April 6, 2020
FY20 Five Year Forecast (P) – Required Spring Update, v1
Please refer to the Release Notes
for details regarding this newly posted collection request.
Updates Due to Ohio’s Ordered School-Building Closure
The Department has created a coronavirus-specific page
that is updated regularly to provide Ohio’s schools and districts with information and resources during Ohio’s ordered school-building closure. The following are only a few of the links provided there.
- Graduation. In light of the ordered school-building closure, Ohio’s education community continues to work to ensure students can reasonably graduate at the end of the 2019-2020 school year. This newly posted document has been made available to answer questions surrounding students anticipating graduating from high school in the spring of 2020.
- Homeless Students. At this particularly challenging time, Ohio’s homeless students are among the most vulnerable and need our best efforts and dedicated commitment to support their needs. This link provides information regarding support of homeless students.
- Instructional Hours. This document is currently be developed and is expected to be posted soon.
- Ohio School Report Cards. Ohio’s ordered school-building closure will have substantial impacts on the state’s accountability system and the Ohio School Report Cards for the 2019-2020 school year. New information has been posted regarding these impacts.
- Students with Disabilities. One of Ohio’s top priorities during the ordered school-building closure period is to ensure students with disabilities receive educational services closest to the manners prescribed within their Individualized Education Programs (IEPs). Information has been posted regarding these services.
This is only a partial list of the information provided on the Department’s website. Please visit the main page
regularly to keep up with the latest developments as more documents and FAQs will be posted.