EMIS Newsflash – August 25, 2016
Position Posted: EMIS Data Administration Manager
An EMIS Data Administration Manager position has been posted on www.careers.ohio.gov
If you or someone you know is interested in this position, please apply at the above link. Note that all applications must be received online by 11:59 p.m. on September 6, 2016. For additional information about this position, see the information below.
Job Announcement: EMIS Data Administration Manager
Are you passionate about data reporting and the important role it plays in supporting the education of Ohio’s students? Are you interested in supporting EMIS coordinators around the State? Are you a strong communicator? Are you able to connect with varying audiences? The Ohio Department of Education, Office of Information Technology is seeking an EMIS Data Administration Manager to provide training and end-user support related to Education Management Information System (EMIS) data collection and reporting. The successful candidate will possess strong organization and presentation skills, customer service focus, and the ability to facilitate training for EMIS professionals with a broad range of experience.
Major Responsibilities & Duties:
As part of a team of Education Management Information System (EMIS) professionals, travels throughout the State of Ohio to support Information Technology Centers (ITCs) and districts:
- Delivers technical training on policies, processes and documentation to ITC staff and EMIS end-users to ensure consistency, accuracy and completeness of EMIS data reporting;
- Acts as field liaison providing technical support and assistance:
- Interprets EMIS reports;
- Troubleshoots issues;
- Detects patterns to inform the development of new business rules and influence report design;
- Identifies knowledge and policy gaps related to end user EMIS reporting issues.
As part of a team of EMIS professionals collaborates with Ohio Department of Education (ODE) staff:
- Formulates and coordinates plans to address documentation, policy and training needs to improve data quality;
- Creates training materials designed for various delivery methods utilizing data analytics and presentation software;
- Researches and responds to questions submitted through the EMIS helpdesk;
- Develops user documentation for interpreting and analyzing data verification reports;
- Provides field perspective to the EMIS team and assists in the preparation, approval, review and maintenance of the EMIS Manual necessary for EMIS reporting;
- Assists with incorporating annual changes into the EMIS manual and other documentation utilizing technology-based solutions.
- Completion of undergraduate core program in business in business or public administration or data processing/computer science/information systems technology; 2 years experience or 2 years training in which included responsibility for developing standards for new and existing data definition, product evaluation, recommending software selection, design and development of data bases to include security measures/controls and how data is to be accumulated maintained, archived and removed from system.
- OR Equivalent of Minimum Class Qualifications for Employment noted above.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience working with student data and reporting through EMIS or similar data reporting system.
- Demonstrated experience facilitating training for groups of various experience levels.
- Proven self-starter with ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
- This position requires travel primarily throughout Central, North Central and Northeastern Ohio and may require overnight stay. (Must be willing & able to secure a valid Driver’s License OR supply your own transportation.)
- Starting compensation for this position is non-negotiable at $29.35 hourly/$61,048 annually with the opportunity to advance in pay after 6 months.
All qualified candidates should apply at www.careers.ohio.gov no later than September 6, 2016.
The Ohio Department of Education does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability (ADA), age or veteran status in employment, programs, or against individuals receiving services.