EMIS Newsflash – October 12, 2018
Extended: FY18 Graduation (G) Collection
This collection has been extended. It will now close on November 2, 2018.
Files Recently Distributed
Files will be copied out to the data collectors this afternoon. Please see the file names below. File descriptions have been included as these have not previously been released. File descriptions can also be found on our website
Report Card Prep for Success
This file contains five tabs for public districts and three tabs for community schools and STEM schools. Public district files contain four tabs showing summary information (LEA_OUTPUT, LEA_BLDG_OUTPUT, LEA_SUMMARY, and LEA_BLDG_SUMMARY).
- The LEA_OUTPUT tab contains the total points earned (numerator), the total number of students in both cohorts (denominator), the overall PFS percentage, and the preliminary PFS grade.
- The LEA_BLDG_OUTPUT tab contains the same information as the LEA_OUTPUT tab, but it is disaggregated at the building level.
- The LEA_SUMMARY tab contains percentages for the following: ACT participation, ACT remediation-free, SAT participation, SAT remediation-free, IB test scores of 4 or higher, AP test scores of 3 or higher, honors diploma recipients, students meeting the industry credentials requirement, the overall PFS percentage, AP course participation, and IB course participation.
- The LEA_BLDG_SUMMARY tab contains the same information as the LEA_SUMMARY tab, but it is disaggregated at the building level.
- The public district files also contain a tab for SSID-level detail (LEA_DETAIL), which identifies the points earned by each student and whether the student met the following: ACT remediation-free, SAT remediation-free, industry credential requirement, honors diploma, at least 3 dual enrollment credits, score of 3 or higher on an AP test, or score of 4 or higher on an IB test. Districts can filter on the ORG_IRN field if they want to look at data for specific buildings.
The files for community schools and STEM schools contain two tabs with summary information (BLDG_OUTPUT and BLDG_SUMMARY).
Note. The preliminary grade is either blank or listed as “NR” in the preliminary files released prior to the closing of the 2018G0000 EMIS collection window because data are subject to change. It is only listed as “NR” for organizations with fewer than 10 students in the measure.
- The BLDG_OUTPUT tab contains the same summary information as the LEA_OUTPUT tab in the public district files, as outlined above.
- The BLDG_SUMMARY tab contains the same summary information as the LEA_SUMMARY tab in the public district files, also outlined above.
- The community school and STEM school files also contain one tab with SSID-level data (BLDG_DETAIL). This tab contains the same SSID-level data as the LEA_DETAIL tab in the public district files.