New EMIS Coordinator Training
Information about New EMIS Coordinator Trainings can be found on this page. This includes links to the relevant materials, evaluations, and registration site.
April Session Information
August/September Session Recordings
- This training is designed for new EMIS coordinators and other district staff who work with EMIS data and EMIS reporting. We define "new" as those with 3 or fewer years of experience with EMIS reporting. We strongly recommend that all EMIS coordinators who meet this definition plan to attend this training.
- We also encourage you to invite other district staff who work with you with EMIS data and reporting to attend with you.
- The training consists of the following seven sessions.
EMIS Communications & Resources (Monday, April 12; 1-3 p.m.)
This session will review the main ways in which EMIS communicates information with the field. This session will also look at the different types of EMIS documentation—from the EMIS Manual to Release Notes—and explain the purpose of each. EMIS coordinators at all levels as well as district staff and administration involved with reporting or reviewing EMIS data will find this session useful.
- End of Year EMIS Reporting (Tuesday, April 13; 9-11:30 a.m.)
This session will provide information and tools to assist with finalizing EMIS data reporting requirements for FY21. It will include a review of each data set and point out key records/elements in each collection. EMIS coordinators of all levels as well as other staff members who will be involved with submitting data will find this session useful.
- Data Collector (Thursday, April 15; 9-11 a.m.)
The Data Collector is the tool by which districts submit their EMIS data to the Department. This is also where districts will find a number of reports provided to assist them in reviewing their data. EMIS coordinators of all levels as well as other staff members who will be submitting data or reviewing reports will find this session useful.
- EMIS Reports (Friday, April 16; 9-11 a.m.)
This session will review the different levels of reports provided to districts. We will review individual reports in order to explain the anatomy of a report and how to use them. EMIS coordinators at all levels as well as district staff and administration involved in reviewing EMIS data will find this session useful.
- Ohio District Data Exchange (ODDEX) (Tuesday, April 20; 1-3 p.m.)
ODDEX is the primary application for a number of smaller modules districts use for data verifications and exchanges. The modules include everything from enrollment data to assessment data to tuition information. This session will look at each module, focusing on overall function and newer modules. EMIS coordinators at all levels as well as district staff and administration who review or use EMIS data will find this session useful.
- Data Review & Appeals (Thursday, April 22; 9-10 a.m.)
This session will review the FY21 EMIS Data Reviews and Data Appeals requirements and processes. EMIS coordinators of all levels as well as district administrators who will be responsible for signing off on these processes will find this session useful.
- Secure Data Center (SDC) (Thursday, April 22; 1-3 p.m.)
This session will review best practices for utilizing the reports in the Secure Data Center (SDC) to assist with closing out FY21 EMIS reporting in preparation for the Local Report Card. An overview of the new SDC will also be provided. EMIS coordinators of all levels as well other staff members who will be involved in reviewing report card data will find this session useful.
- The sessions will all be offered via Microsoft Teams. All sessions will be recorded and will be posted on this webpage sometime after the final session.
|EMIS Communications & Resources
||Mon, Apr 12
|End of Year EMIS Reporting
||Tues, Apr 13
||Thurs, Apr 15
||Fri, Apr 16
||Tues, Apr 20
|Data Review & Appeals
||Thurs, Apr 22
|Secure Data Center (SDC)
||Thurs, Apr 22
- Once available, they will be available via links in the table above.
- Evaluations for each session will be available. Please click the appropriate link below to access and complete the evaluations.
- Your name is not required; however, remember that we cannot respond to direct questions without contact information.
- EMIS Communications & Resources
- End of Year EMIS Reporting
- Data Collector
- Data Review & Appeals
- Secure Data Center (SDC)
August/September 2020 Recordings
- EMIS Basics, Recorded Aug. 31, 2020; posted Oct. 8, 2020
- Beginning of Year EMIS Reporting, Recorded Sept. 2, 2020; posted Oct. 8, 2020
- Data Collector, Recorded Sept. 15, 2020; posted Oct. 8, 2020
- ODDEX, Recorded Oct. 7, 2020; posted Oct. 8, 2020
Last Modified: 4/9/2021 12:38:51 PM