New EMIS Coordinator Training
- This training is designed for new EMIS coordinators and other district staff who work with EMIS data and EMIS reporting. We define "new" as those with 3 or fewer years of experience with EMIS reporting. We strongly recommend that all EMIS coordinators who meet this definition plan to attend this training.
- We also encourage you to invite other district staff who work with you with EMIS data and reporting to attend with you.
- The training is made up for four different sessions/topics that are 1 to 2 hours each.
- EMIS Basics. An introduction to EMIS. It covers the basics of EMIS and EMIS reporting, EMIS documentation and communications, and other EMIS resources.
- Beginning of Year EMIS Reporting. Provides a snapshot of an EMIS reporitng year. It will focus on beginning of year EMIS reporting to help you know where to start.
- Data Collector. An introduction to the data collector, how you report your EMIS data to the Department, and where to find the EMIS reports created from your data to assist you with data review and correction.
- Ohio District Data Exchange (ODDEX). An introduction to the Ohio District Data Exchange (ODDEX), including the basics of navigation, the universe of information found there, and how the ODDEX modules can help you with your EMIS data and reporting.
- Due to the pandemic,the sessions will all be offered via Microsoft Teams. Given the added flexibility of virtual sessions, we will be offering the sessions individually, on different days. We will also be offering each session twice, so that people are more able to fit in all four sessions.
- All four sessions together make up this year's New EMIS Coordinator Training. Rounds 1 and 2 are identical sessions. Do not initially register for more than one of each session. If you attend Round 1 of a session and then feel that attending Round 2 of that session will be helpful, then you may register for the Round 2 session.
- It is not required that you register and attend all four sessions. Though we do highly recommend this for EMIS coordinators who are just starting, those who have 2 or 3 years of experience may not feel the need to attend each of the four sessions.
- See the links in the table above.
- This year, the evaluations will be via a Google form. Please click the appropriate link below to access and complete the evaluations.
- Your name is not required; however, remember that we cannot respond to direct questions without contact information.
- EMIS Basics Evaluation
- Beginning of Year EMIS Reporting Evaluation
- Data Collector Evaluation
- ODDEX Evaluation
Last Modified: 10/8/2020 4:47:45 PM