Graduation Rate Component for Career Tech Schools
This grade measures the percent of students who concentrate in career-technical education and graduate from high school within four or five years.
What is being graded?
- Four-Year Graduation Rate – How many students graduated in four years or less?
- Five-Year Graduation Rate – How many students graduated in five years or less?
Why is this important?
Almost all jobs require skills and education beyond a high school diploma. Measuring the five-year rate gives districts credit for helping students, who just missed graduating on time, finish their diplomas.
Questions to ask
- What are the reasons students are not graduating?
- Are there certain subjects that are holding students back?
- What are we doing to grow the number of students who graduate?
- Which districts, similar to ours, are doing better than?
Last Modified: 7/11/2016 12:32:43 PM