Nominate an Outstanding Ohio Teacher
2022 Ohio Teacher of the Year nominations are open February 1 through April 9, 2021.
More than an award, the Ohio Teacher of the Year program annually identifies exceptional teachers and celebrates their effective, inspiring work both inside and outside of the classroom. The program also provides opportunities for professional growth and gives teachers a voice as leaders and advocates for public education.
Nominees must hold a professional Ohio educator license, work full-time with a minimum of five years of teaching experience in a state-approved public school, community school or career center. They also must work directly with students at least 50 percent of the time as the teacher of record, have no previous Ohio Teacher of the Year recognition, and plan to continue in active teaching status.
Anyone may nominate a teacher. School administrators, colleagues, community members, parents or students may submit a nomination for one or multiple teachers from a district or school building. (Self-nominations are not accepted)”
How to Submit an Online Nomination
Collect all of the required information below before attempting to submit your nomination. This online form does not have the ability for the user to save information and come back to it later.
Required Nomination Information:
- Teacher nominee name, email, grade level (subject / content area is optional)
- Building principal name and email
- School building name and phone number where the teacher nominee is assigned
- District superintendent name (email optional)
- School district mailing address
- Ohio county where the school district is located
- State Board of Education District Number
- Your contact information
- A 300 word maximum nomination narrative describing why this teacher is being nominated. This will be shared with the nominee
Click the Online Ohio Teacher of the Year Nomination Link to submit your nomination by April 9, 2021.”
For more information about the Ohio Teacher of the Year program, click here.
For answers to questions, email Angela Dicke, State Coordinator at email@example.com
Last Modified: 2/1/2021 12:14:57 PM