Ohio’s Head Start Collaboration Office
The Head Start
Collaboration Office exists “to facilitate collaboration among Head Start agencies…and entities that carry out activities designed to benefit income eligible children from birth to school entry, and their families1
." The State Collaboration Office provides a structure and a process for the Office of Head Start
to work and partner with state and local entities on issues and policies that affect young children and their families.
The mission of Ohio’s Head Start Collaboration Office is to promote and facilitate effective partnerships among diverse groups with a shared interest in serving young children and their families, so that Ohio children have the high-quality early experiences necessary to reach their full potential.
Head Start Collaboration Priorities:
- Partnering with State child care systems emphasizing the Early Head Start-Child Care Partnership Initiatives.
- Working with State efforts to collect data regarding early childhood programs and child outcomes.
- Supporting the expansion and access of high quality, workforce and career development opportunities for staff.
- Collaborating with Step Up To Quality; Ohio’s Tiered Quality Rating and Improvement System, including utilizing the Early Learning Assessment
- Working with State school systems to ensure continuity between Head Start and Kindergarten Readiness Assessment (KRA).
- Any additional State Priorities.
Head Start Collaboration means:
- Communication – Convening stakeholder groups for information sharing, planning, and partnering and serving as a conduit of information between regional offices, the state and local early childhood systems.
- Access – Facilitating Head Start agencies' access to and utilization of appropriate entities so Head Start children and families can secure needed services and critical partnerships are formalized.
- Systems – Supporting policy, planning, partnerships, and implementation of cross agency state systems for early childhood, including the State Advisory Council, that include and serve the Head Start community.
For additional information on Head Start Collaboration Offices visit the Early Childhood Learning & Knowledge Center
1 Head Start Act Section 642(B)(a)(2)(A)
Last Modified: 7/10/2019 3:21:50 PM