Kindergarten Readiness Assessment Updates
Key Dates - Fall 2017 Kindergarten Readiness Assessment
||State Support Team (SST) and District KRA Trainers provide KRA Teacher Training to new kindergarten teachers
||Deadline to update Assessment Data Manager – Preschool and Kindergarten role in the Ohio Educational Directory System (OEDS)
|Jul. 7-Jul. 16
||The Kready online system (http://ohio.kready.org) will be unavailable for server and system maintenance
||Ready for Kindergarten (KReady) online system opens for KRA and Kindergarten Field Test 2017 administration
KRA Training for Kindergarten Teachers begins in May
Kindergarten teachers who have never been trained on the KRA must successfully complete the state-required training. Kindergarten teachers who have successfully completed the KRA training in 2014-2015, 2015-2016 or 2016-2017 are not required to take any additional training in order to administer the KRA during the 2016-2017 school year. They may however opt to attend a one-day refresher training. All Kindergarten teachers are required to review a new brief online module to learn about the 2017 administration of the Kindergarten Field Test and the KRA.
Not previously trained - one of the following required to administer KRA in fall 2016:
Previously trained - not required of any teacher, but available:
Trainings will start showing up in STARS beginning in May and will be added throughout the summer in order to prepare teachers for the 2017 KRA administration. Teachers will need to register in STARS in order to secure a spot for training. They will find the trainings in STARS using the keyword KRA training.
- Kindergarten Readiness Assessment Refresher. This optional training consists of 1 day in-person training as is intended for teachers who have already completed KRA training in a previous year.
Kindergarten Field Test and other KRA Updates: NEW Online Module!
To fully understand the 2017 administration of the KRA and the Kindergarten Field Test, a new module will be available online in May found here. In the Ohio KRA 2017 Field Test & Implementation module, participants will:
- Learn about the Kindergarten Field Test and what it means
- Get a glimpse inside Ohio’s Early Childhood Comprehensive Assessment System development process
- Explore the kindergarten field test items and revised observational rubrics
- Review the materials teachers will receive along with handling procedures and test security requirements
- Review the field test-specific features of the Ready for Kindergarten online system
- Review the features of the new KRA App
- Learn about the new instant ISR creation feature that will be available throughout the administration window
KRA Administration Materials
You can destroy the 2014-2015 KRA administration materials because they are no longer in use. Please ensure your current 2015-2016 and/or 2016-2017 KRA administration materials are securely stored as they will be used again for the fall 2017 administration. Some schools and districts might need additional or new administration materials for next school year.
Please fill out this 2017 Kindergarten Readiness Assessment Order Form to order replacement Kindergarten Readiness Assessment Kits for trained teachers. Tests are secure materials. Programs must file a Test Destruction Form to report destroyed kits.
Children who are blind or visually impaired represent a wide range of sightedness. As a result, we created the Alternative Text Teacher Administration Manual, Tactile Graphics Assessment manual, and concrete manipulatives to ensure accessibility for all children who are blind or visually impaired. You should follow the child’s instructional team recommendations for any or all supports on a child-by-child basis. You should also check the Individualized Education Plan (IEP) for any accommodations and/or modifications. Please fill out this 2017 Kindergarten Readiness Assessment Alternative Text Test Order Form to order The Alternative Text Test Administration Manual and materials.
Kindergarten Readiness Assessment Kits include the following:
Kindergarten Readiness Assessment Teacher Administration Manual
This manual contains:
- Mathematics and Language & Literacy selected response and performance task items
- Scripted directions to help ensure proper assessment procedures
- Scoring Information
Kindergarten Readiness Assessment Observational Teacher Administration Manual
This manual contains:
- Language & Literacy, Social Foundations, and Physical Development & Well-Being observational rubric items
Kindergarten Readiness Assessment Manipulatives
This booklet contains:
Not included in the Kit:
- Mathematics and Language & Literacy Test Item Images
- Mathematics and Language & Literacy card-stock manipulatives
- A pencil and a blank sheet of paper (8.5” x 11”), one per child, for Items 28 and 29
- Item score sheets (also available to teachers in KReady online system)
- Guidelines on Allowable Supports for Administration of the Kindergarten Readiness Assessment (also available to teachers in KReady online system)