New Kindergarten Readiness Assessment for Fall 2020
Beginning fall 2020, public districts and community schools will administer the new Kindergarten Readiness Assessment-Revised (KRA-R). The KRA-R is the result of improvement recommendations
made by a group of Ohio educators and stakeholders who met in 2018 and 2019.
The KRA-R is significantly shorter and comprised of items teachers already know and have used in previous years. We want to thank those districts that pilot tested the shortened, 27-item version. Below is an update on recent and future KRA-R activities. Please share this information with kindergarten teachers.
The KRA-R replaces the KRA that was used in kindergarten classrooms from 2014-2019.
- The new assessment kits will be shipped to each district before the end of June. Click here to look up the number of kits automatically ordered for your district and the default shipping address. If you need additional kits or would like to change the address where your kits will be shipped, please complete the online order form by May 7. If you miss this deadline and need to alert of us a change, please send an email to KRAHelp@education.ohio.gov.
- Please do not destroy the kits used in previous years. Wait until you receive notification about destruction of kits before getting rid of the old kits.
- Training on the Kindergarten Readiness Assessment will be available using an online virtual format beginning in May. All new kindergarten (or other teachers who will be scoring the KRA-R) must successfully complete the training prior to assessing children. Face-to-face trainings may resume after the stay at home order is lifted and it is safe to convene large groups of people again.
- Returning teachers may complete a refresher training but are not required to do so.
- The Ohio Department of Education staff will be offering the trainings for new teachers. Trainings will be posted in STARS. Contact KRAHelp@education.ohio.gov for more information about available trainings.
- Technology training for data managers will begin in July.
For more information about the KRA-R, please go to the Kindergarten Readiness Assessment website
or send an email to KRAHelp@education.ohio.gov
For more information
Kindergarten Readiness Assessment Website
KRA Help Desk: