Please join the Ohio Department of Health for regional meetings to discuss opportunities for expanding and improving home visiting services in Ohio. We encourage you to attend the meeting located in your region but, in the event you have a conflict, you are welcome to attend a meeting that is outside of your region. Space may be limited so please limit the number of participants from your agency.
We encourage supervisors and program managers to solicit feedback from your teams prior to the meeting on the following questions:
Dates and Locations
- To what extent are existing home visiting programs meeting the needs of families in your county? (e.g., groups of children or families not adequately served, wait lists)
- To what extent does current funding support capacity for home visiting providers in your county?
- Other than funding, what additional barriers to home visiting are impacting capacity to serve additional families in your county?
- Do you experience problems with staff turnover or retention? If so, why?
- Given the Governor’s Advisory Committee recommendations regarding staffing, what additional reasons are there for why home visiting programs in your area have trouble finding qualified candidates?
- To what extent are adequate health and social services and family supports targeted to pregnant women and families with young children available and accessible in your area to refer families in need of such services? Where are there gaps? (Examples may include treatment for postpartum depression or substance use disorder, supports for caregivers impacted by intimate partner violence, services for children identified with potential developmental disabilities, tobacco cessation services, safe sleep resources)
- Describe the extent of collaboration between/among home visiting programs in your county/region and/or with other early childhood programs in your county/region.
- What additional barriers or challenges do you face in delivering home visiting services? (e.g., geographical/transportation challenges, family engagement and retention, state or local-level policy barriers, etc.)
Region #1-Northwest Ohio
April 1, 2020; 10:00-1:00
Wood County Educational Service Center
1867 North Research Dr. Bowling Green, Ohio 43402
Region #5- East Central Ohio
April 3, 2020; 10:00-1:00
Stark County Educational Service Center
6057 Strip Ave. NW
North Canton, OH 44720
Region #3- Southwest Ohio
April 6, 2020; 10:00-1:00
Butler County Education Service Center
400 North Erie Blvd, Suite A, Hamilton, Ohio 45011
Region #4- Northeast Ohio
April 8, 2020; 10:00-1:00
Fatima Community Center
6600 Lexington Ave., Cleveland, Ohio 44103
Region #6- Southeast Ohio
April 15, 2020; 10:00-1:00
Obleness Hospital-Athens County
55 Hospital Dr., Athens, Ohio 45701
Region #2- West Central Ohio
April 22, 2020; 10:00-1:00
2760 Airport Drive, Suite 160, Columbus, Ohio 43219
The following organizations will be invited to attend: all ODH funded home visiting program, ODM funded home visiting programs, Early Head Start grantees, Healthy Start Grantees, Community Pathway HUB providers, SPARK sites and a handful of locally funded programs.
Please complete the survey link below to RSVP for one of the regional sessions. Should you have any questions or problems, please contact Alicia Leatherman at 614-644-9423 or via e-mail at Alicia.email@example.com
(please hit control and enter when hovering over link)