Licensing Guide for Preschool Programs
Ohio Department of Education is responsible for licensing preschool programs (birth-age 5 not in kindergarten) operated by public schools, eligible community schools, educational service centers, boards of developmental disabilities, and chartered nonpublic schools with multiple grades above kindergarten following Chapter 3301-37 of the Administrative Code Preschool Rules 1-12 (effective date 7/03/2014)
To “operate” a program means being directly responsible for the day to day planning, organizing, and managing of the program. That is, “fiscal agent” and “location” do not determine jurisdiction.
A preschool operated by an entity that is not listed above should contact the Ohio Department of Job and Family Services (1-877-302-2347) for program licensing information.
The New Ohio Child Licensing and Quality System is here!
ALL preschool and school-age child care licensing and Step Up To Quality functions will be done in the new Ohio Child Licensing and Quality System (OCLQS).
LOGGING INTO NEW OCLQS AS AN ODE USER:
- First, before you can log into OCLQS, as an ODE User you must create or have a valid SAFE account.
- Mark your email as primary and not private;
- Your SAFE account user name may not include the following special characters or a space: comma (,), left angle bracket (<), right angle bracket (>), or a backslash (\). If your user name for SAFE does contain special characters, contact 614-995-1267 for support.
- Then, as an ODE User, you must also have new OCLQS access roles in the Ohio Educational Directory System (OEDS). Your local OED-R Administrator or Superintendent must set up roles for those in your program who will be working in OCLQS. See Assigning Role Instructions in OEDS for detailed step-by-step directions.
- Each staff member should only be set to one primary role
- In addition OCLQS administrators, staff in OCLQS licensing & OCLQSSUTQ roles must have a secondary role (either OCLQSPS or OCLQSSACC, or both depending upon the requirement of local organizations)
- Secondary roles customize access to be only Preschool (PS) or only school age child care (SACC);
- The OCLQSowner role does not need a secondary ODE User role and by default has access to all Preschool or SACC Programs.
- For ODE User licensing applications and change of location requests, only the person assigned to the OCLQSOWNER will have access to the Submit button. All other roles can fill in the application.
- Finally, click here to log In to OCLQS.
- Use Chrome as your browser and click "Log in as an ODE User"
- If you are unable to log into OCLQS after following all these steps, call 877-302-2347 for support.
- Once logged into OCLQS, use OCLQS Job Aids below to assist navigation
USING JOB AIDS TO ASSIST NAVIGATION IN OCLQS AS AN ODE USER:
Find more OCLQS Job Aids on Early Childhood Ohio. Use a Chrome browser for OCLQS.
Last Modified: 3/22/2017 3:57:43 PM