The New Ohio Child Licensing and Quality System is here!
ALL preschool and school-age child care licensing and Step Up To Quality functions will be done in the Ohio Child Licensing and Quality System (OCLQS).
In OCLQS, programs will the system for a variety of tasks, including the following:
- Applying for a program license;
- Requesting change of capacity;
- Adding or deleting a room or space;
- Providing a change of location;
- Updating program example schedules;
- Sending Corrective Action Plans;
- Registering for Step Up To Quality (SUTQ);
- Submitting SUTQ annual reports;
- Reviewing SUTQ and licensing inspection reports;
- Uploading documentation;
- First, you must create or have a valid SAFE account.
- Then, you must have a correct OEDS role set up. The OED-R Administrator or Superintendent must set up roles for those in your program who will be working in OCLQS. Click here for instructions on setting roles in OEDs for your program to use in OCLQS.
- Finally, click here to log In to OCLQS
- Use Job Aids to assist once logged into OCLQS.
Licensing Guide for Preschool Programs
Ohio Department of Education is responsible for licensing preschool programs (birth-age 5 not in kindergarten) operated by public schools, eligible community schools, educational service centers, boards of developmental disabilities, and chartered nonpublic schools with multiple grades above kindergarten following Chapter 3301-37 of the Administrative Code Preschool Rules 1-12 (effective date 7/03/2014)
To “operate” a program means being directly responsible for the day to day planning, organizing, and managing of the program. That is, “fiscal agent” and “location” do not determine jurisdiction.
A preschool operated by an entity that is not listed above should contact the Ohio Department of Job and Family Services (1-877-302-2347) for program licensing information.
Last Modified: 2/23/2017 2:47:03 PM