Foundation Payment Dates
The state foundation payment dates for fiscal year 2018 are now posted and can be found here: http://education.ohio.gov/getattachment/Topics/Finance-and-Funding/School-Payment-Reports/State-Funding-For-Schools/Traditional-Public-School-Funding/FY18-Foundation-Payment-Dates.pdf.aspx
The schedule includes the monthly payments for JVSDs and community schools, as well as the bi-monthly payments for traditional districts, ESCs, and County Boards of DD. For any questions, please contract SchoolFunding@education.ohio.gov.
High-Performing ESC Application for FY18 open
For FY18, ESCs may apply to ODE to be designated as a High-Performing ESC (HPESC). ESCs designated as a HPESC will generate $26 per student. Those not designated as a high performing ESC will receive $24 per student.
Click here for application materials, guidance, and resources. All HPESC application materials must be emailed to HPESC@education.ohio.gov no later than 4:30 p.m. on Aug. 31, 2017. Late applications will not be accepted.
Tuition – Period 2
- Student enrollment from Jan. 1 – June 30, 2017.
- Initial Data Load: May 1 – July 15, 2017
- Educating districts will review students in the tuition system. The educating district can make the necessary changes in EMIS if student data needs updated. It is beneficial to make changes as early as possible to ensure the data are correct.
- Resident districts can review, approve and flag applications during this period. Reviewing the applications early and often allows the maximum time to resolve conflicts.
- Review and Flag Resolution Period: Aug. 1 – 31, 2017
- Districts can review their information and place flags, as needed. The last day for a flag to be placed on an application is Aug. 31, 2017.
External Monitoring Survey
In the past week, the Ohio Department of Education sent out a survey to collect feedback from the selected districts that participated in the Department's Fiscal Year 2017 External Monitoring Collaborative Team approach. To make the process more valuable, we are collecting all feedback - whether it is negative or positive. If you received the survey request, please take a few moments to complete it. We will use the survey results to improve the monitoring approach for FY18. Direct any questions to ODEMonitoring@education.ohio.gov and enter Collaborative Team Approach Survey Questions in the subject line.
Final Expenditure Reports (FER)S
Final Expenditure Reports (FER)s for FY17 grant applications must submitted to the Department in FER Authorized Representative Approved status by Sept. 30, 2017. The FER should capture expenditures that were obligated between the grant’s substantially approved date and the grant ending date (normally June 30), and liquidated by Sept. 30. There may be exceptions for some grants; please contact your program consultant with any questions.