Career Connections for World Languages
- ODE Career Connections Toolkit: sample world language career lessons
- Lesson: How do I market a product in another country?
- Lesson: How do I find a summer job abroad?
- Lesson: How will I furnish my home if working abroad?
- Lesson: How do I find service abroad opportunities?
- Career Videos for World Languages
- Videos of Ohio-based companies that highlight world language connections
- Activities to accompany the videos, for middle and high school
- Career Connections Resources for World Languages
Career Connections is a joint initiative among the Governor’s Office of Workforce Transformation, the Board of Regents and the Ohio Department of Education. Senate Bill 316 requires career connections learning strategies be embedded in the Department’s model curricula. The goal is to give K-12 students opportunities to become more aware of career opportunities; learn of their interests, talents and abilities; explore careers; and make academic and career plans for their future.
The Offices of Career-Technical Education and Curriculum and Assessment worked collaboratively to meet the requirement of SB 316. Staff worked with regional work groups consisting of teachers, curriculum experts, and school counselors to develop strategies that support integrating career-based learning experiences with academic content.
Last Modified: 5/1/2018 3:18:03 PM
Pursuant to ORC 3301.079 (B) (3) and 3313.60, it is the responsibility of Ohio's local boards of education to vet and approve curriculum and educational materials for use in the public schools within their district. The use of any materials posted or linked to on the Ohio Department of Education website, including materials within Ohio’s Learning Standards or Appendices or any state model curricula or other educational resource material, is entirely up to the discretion of each local board of education.