Extensive research-based and teacher-suggested resources to help increase language proficiency for your students.
HOW TO...? links and resources | 2013 Can-Do Statements
2017 Can-Do Statements
- Create my own thematic units in conjunction with a textbook
- Create units using backward design
- Create and find IPAs (Integrated Performance Assessments)
- Find authentic videos, music and websites
- Find video series and podcasts for language learners
- Find websites to practice language skills, grammar and vocabulary
- Find ways to use grammar and vocabulary for communication
- Find easy ways to record speaking
- Find ways to use personal devices in the classroom
- Make digital stories and presentations
- Make an e-portfolio
- Save videos in mp4 format
- Advocate for my language program
- Create information gap activities
- Make fake Facebook pages
- Find native speakers to practice speaking
2013 NCSSFL-ACTFL Can-Do Statements for Communication
The 2017 Can-Do Statements can be found here.
The 2013 statements will be available for the 2017-18 school year.
How do I use the Can-Do statements to predict proficiency?
2013 NCSSFL Interculturality Can-Do Statements
Last Modified: 12/20/2017 3:52:59 PM
Pursuant to ORC 3301.079 (B) (3) and 3313.60, it is the responsibility of Ohio's local boards of education to vet and approve curriculum and educational materials for use in the public schools within their district. The use of any materials posted or linked to on the Ohio Department of Education website, including materials within Ohio’s Learning Standards or Appendices or any state model curricula or other educational resource material, is entirely up to the discretion of each local board of education.