2003 Ohio's Academic Content Standards in Foreign Language
Ohio’s 2003 Academic Content Standards in foreign language are made up of five standards.
- Communication: Communicate in languages other than English
- Cultures: Gain knowledge and understanding of other cultures
- Connections: Connect with other disciplines and acquire information
- Comparisons: Develop insight into the nature of language and culture
- Communities: Participate in multilingual communities and cultures at home and around the world
These PDF files allow you to view the Foreign Language Academic Content Standards in three different layouts: organized by standard, organized by grade level and with the benchmarks and indicators aligned. They also contain introductory sections, instructional commentary, a glossary and a resource list.
Last Modified: 3/21/2019 4:23:56 PM
Pursuant to ORC 3301.079 (B) (3) and 3313.60, it is the responsibility of Ohio's local boards of education to vet and approve curriculum and educational materials for use in the public schools within their district. The use of any materials posted or linked to on the Ohio Department of Education website, including materials within Ohio’s Learning Standards or Appendices or any state model curricula or other educational resource material, is entirely up to the discretion of each local board of education.