Additional Curriculum Resources for Mathematics
- Achieve the Core - These guides will help educators understand and implement the mathematics standards. They can use the guides as they observe teachers giving instruction and provide them with feedback that supports their planning and reflection.
- Arizona Progressions - These narrative documents describe the typical learning progression of a topic, informed by both research on children’s cognitive development and the logical structure of mathematics.
- Equip – Provides educators with tools to identify high-quality materials for use in classrooms and national examples of high-quality materials aligned to the standards.
- The Educators Evaluating the Quality of Instructional Products (EQuIP) Rubric provides criteria to measure alignment and overall quality of lessons and units.
- Illuminations - This project by the National Council of Teachers of Mathematics provides quality lessons and interactive resources for teaching and learning mathematics.
- Illustrative Mathematics – This site illustrates the range and types of mathematical work that students should experience as teachers use Ohio's Learning Standards in Mathematics. It also presents other tools supporting standards-based instruction.
- Fractions Progression Videos – This series details the Fractions Progressions across multiple grade levels with each of the four mathematics operations.
- Inside Mathematics - Educators can find exemplary standards-based lesson ideas on this site, as well as classroom videos. Teachers interested in the lessons can search under “performance task” for lesson ideas organized by grade and course.
- Student Work and Task Analysis -- guideline for how to complete a chosen task.
- Correlation of Inside Mathematics Tasks to the Standards - To find a copy of the lesson activities, go to www.insidemathematics.org and search by task name.
- National Library of Virtual Manipulatives - The site contains manipulatives and concept tutorials across the grade bands.
- Teaching Channel - Provides guiding questions to use during planning and instruction. Classroom videos model best practices. Learning activities showcase rigorous problems that deepen conceptual understanding.
- YouCubed – Showcases research-based teaching methods, mathematics tasks, videos and ideas on how to bring about high levels of student engagement.
Last Modified: 3/7/2017 12:06:48 PM