The Gifted Indicator reflects the level of services to, and the performance of, students who are identified gifted. It includes the performance of these students on state assessments and value-added growth measure. The Gifted Indicator is a part of the graded measure, Indicators Met, on the Report Card.
Gifted Indicator Components
The Gifted Indicator is a "Met" or "Not Met" determination that requires a district or school to obtain a minimum threshold on each of its three components.
- Performance: Performance of students who are gifted as determined by the Gifted Performance Index. A school or district must have a minimum of 10 unique students with applicable tests in order to be evaluated on this component.
- Progress: Progress of gifted students, as determined by the Gifted Value-Added letter grade. Evaluation on this component requires a minimum of six unique students in a single grade and subject.
- Inputs: District or school inputs for gifted students, as determined by a total point score connected to various measure of gifted identification and service.
Gifted Indicator Thresholds
For the 2016-2017 school year and beyond, the minimum thresholds are as follows:
- Gifted Performance Index = 117 points
- Gifted Value-Added = Grade of "C" or higher
- Gifted Input Points = 80 points
Last Modified: 8/30/2017 2:36:57 PM