EdChoice Scholarship: Information for Providers
NOTE: The application system includes a field with selected school buildings that were on the EdChoice scholarship list for the 2019-2020 school year. Under recently enacted legislation (House Bill 197, 133rd General Assembly, effective March 27, 2020), there may be limited circumstances in which a student is eligible based in part on the school buildings included on the EdChoice scholarship list for the 2020-2021 school year. If a school building selection for your student is unavailable and you believe your student is eligible for a traditional EdChoice scholarship, manual entry by Department staff may be required to enter the application into the system. If your student’s school building is unavailable in the system, please email edchoice@education.Ohio.gov. The Department will work with you to ensure that your student’s application is uploaded. Please also call us at (614) 728-2743 with any questions or difficulties with the application system.
Participating private schools/providers must comply with the following requirements to participate in the EdChoice Scholarship Program:
- School/Provider must have a current state charter and be registered to participate in the EdChoice Scholarship program. Registration starts in the month of December.
- School principal must be licensed by the State of Ohio, Office of Educator Licensure.
- Principal must have a OH|ID account.
- Step-by-step instructions for creating an OH|ID Account and Department of Education Profile.
- Participating providers must renew their participation every year.
- School/Provider is responsible for keeping their school's OEDSR record up to date and current.
Document and Web Page Links
Register to participate:
Data and finance
Last Modified: 5/11/2020 9:49:22 AM