College Credit Plus for Home-School Families
Important Upcoming Dates
Feb. 15 - April 1: Submit Letter of Intent – all students
Feb. 15 - April 15: Sign-up for a SAFE Account – nonpublic and homeschool parents
Feb. 20 - April 15: Apply for funding – nonpublic and homeschool parents
Before May 20: Funding award notifications sent – nonpublic and homeschool parents
Great news for home-school families! Ohio’s College Credit Plus gives students in grades 7-12 the chance to earn high school and college credit simultaneously by taking courses at participating Ohio colleges or universities. All public colleges and certain private colleges in Ohio are participating.
Tuition is free if your home-school student takes classes at a public college. There may be modest fees for private college credit. Your family will be responsible for the cost of textbooks.
Ohio has never offered your home-school student a better start on a college education. A College Credit Plus student enjoys the opportunity to pursue more challenging classes and explore college interests sooner. Your child can earn anywhere from a few college credits to more than a year’s worth while still in high school. College Credit Plus can reduce your child’s time in college and greatly reduce your family’s higher education costs.
Steps for Home-School Students to Apply for College Credit Plus
The deadline is April 1 for homeschool students to let the Ohio Department of Education know they want to participate in College Credit Plus next school year, so time is critical.
Step 1 - Learn More About College Credit Plus
Review frequently asked questions about College Credit Plus here.
- If you still have questions, contact the Ohio Department of Education toll-free at (877) 644-6338 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Step 2 - Submit your Letter of Intent
If your child wishes to participate, email the signed letter of intent anytime between Feb.15 - April 1 to CCPIntentLetter@education.ohio.gov. You can download the letter of intent here. Note: Students must declare their intent to participate, even if they participated last year.
- Once you have emailed your intent letter, contact or check the websites of participating colleges in your area. All public and participating private colleges in the state are listed at www.ohiohighered.org/ccp.
- Apply to the college or colleges of your choice. Once admitted to a college under College Credit Plus, the college will send your student an admission letter. Upload a copy of the admission letter to your College Credit Plus Funding Application. If your student gets an admission letter from more than one college, you must upload each college's admission letter. (See Step 3.)
- Upload a copy of your 2016-2017 Superintendent Letter Excusing your Student from Compulsory Attendance to your College Credit Plus Funding Application. (See Step 3.)
Step 3 - Submit your College Credit Plus Funding Application
STEP 4 - Receive your Award letter and register for college classes
- You will receive your funding award notification within your College Credit Plus Funding Application located in your SAFE Account before May 20.
- Once you receive your award notification, you can have your child register for college courses.
Last Modified: 2/17/2017 2:04:28 PM