How To Become A School Meals Program Sponsor
The Ohio Department of Education, Office, Office of Integrated Student Supports (ISS), in partnership with the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA), administers Ohio School Meals Programs including the National School Lunch Program, the School Breakfast Program, the Special Milk Program, the After School Care Snack Program, and the USDA Foods Program. Ohio school meal programs serve more than one million meals daily at more than 4,000 sites.
Links to fact sheets describing the specific School Meals Programs in Ohio are listed at the bottom of this page.
To become a school meal sponsor, the following steps must be completed:
- Basic Training: At least one sponsor representative, preferably the food service director or other food service administrator, must attend a School Meals Basic Training workshop. Click here to view information on Potential New Sponsor Basic Training including workshop dates, class location, and registration instructions.
- Pre-Sponsor Application: At the Basic Training class, the sponsor representative will receive a pre-sponsor application. The application must be completed and submitted to ISS.
- Site Visit: Upon receipt of the pre-sponsor application, an ISS education program specialist will visit the sponsor site(s) for an inspection.
- Claims Reimbursement and Reporting System (CRRS) Application: The sponsor must complete a CRRS application. Following successful completion of the pre-sponsor paperwork, the sponsor will receive a user name and password to access the CRRS application.
- CRRS Application Approval: After the above steps are completed, the sponsor will be approved for the program and reimbursement claim dates will be determined. Reimbursement for meals served will not be approved until all of the preceding steps are successfully completed. Reimbursement for meals served prior to CRRS application approval is not guaranteed.
Links to Program Fact Sheets and Related Information
This institution is an equal opportunity provider.
Last Modified: 10/16/2019 4:14:59 PM