6 Cents Certification/New Meal Pattern Resources
The electronic submission process of 6 Cents Certification documentation to the Office for Child Nutrition is now available in the Claims Reimbursement and Reporting System (CRRS).
- Using CRRS to Submit 6 Cents Certification
- Attestation of Compliance with Meal Pattern Requirements: There is no Word version of this form. Please print the form, fill out, sign and scan as a document to upload into CRRS.
School Food Authorities (SFAs) will electronically submit all documentation for the 6 Cents Certification process into CRRS. The Office for Child Nutrition will not accept any faxed or mailed documentation for the 6 Cents Certification process.
The Healthy, Hunger-Free Kids Act of 2010 (HHFKA) allows School Food Authorities (SFAs) the ability to apply for and receive an additional 6 cents per student reimbursable lunch. Ohio SFAs must be certified compliant with the new meal pattern requirements by the Ohio Department of Education, Office for Child Nutrition before the SFA may receive the additional reimbursement. The first possible month that a SFA may receive the reimbursement is October 2012. The HHFKA explicitly states that SFAs found out of compliance will not receive the additional reimbursement.
The certification process for the 6 cents performance-based reimbursement works as follows:
- SFA submits certification documentation via CRRS;
- The Office for Child Nutrition makes a certification determination within 60 days;
- The Office for Child Nutrition will conduct validation reviews of 25 percent of certified SFAs in School Year (SY) 2012-2013;
- Certified SFAs must annually attest to ongoing compliance with the meal patterns through SY 2014-2015;
- Ongoing compliance with the meal pattern requirements is monitored during administrative reviews.
Resources for New Meal Pattern Compliance and 6 Cents Certification process completion:
- Kansas State DOE, School Nutrition Programs
- Ohio Department of Education, Office for Child Nutrition,
- USDA, Food and Nutrition Service
New Meal Pattern Documents:
This institution is an equal opportunity provider.
Last Modified: 2/25/2019 10:04:39 AM