Educator Conduct Hearings
If the State Board of Education intends to suspend, limit or revoke an educator's license or deny an educator's application for licensure, the educator has the right to request an administrative hearing to challenge the State Board's intended action.
Disciplinary hearing information can now be found using the Educator Conduct Search link provided below. Users can search for scheduled disciplinary hearings either by searching for an educator or by searching for all pending disciplinary actions.
To Search for an Educator's Scheduled Disciplinary Hearing:
- To determine if an educator has a disciplinary hearing scheduled, click on the link above and enter either the educator's name or State ID and then select Search.
- In the Case Search Results, click on the State ID link.
- If that educator has a disciplinary hearing scheduled, the date and time of the hearing will appear in the Case Information section.
To Search for All Pending Disciplinary Actions:
- To search for all pending disciplinary actions, click on the link above.
- On the Search Case page, check the Pending Disciplinary Action Only box and then select Search.
- The Case Search Results will list all educators who have a pending disciplinary action, with the results listed in alphabetical order by last name.
- Click on the State ID link for an educator to see if that educator has a disciplinary hearing scheduled. If there is a scheduled hearing, the date and time of the hearing will appear in the Case Information section. If a hearing has not yet been scheduled for the educator, "TBD" will appear in the Case Information section.
All hearing dates are subject to change.
Unless otherwise noted, hearings are held at the Ohio Department of Education, 25 S. Front Street, Columbus OH 43215.
All hearings are open to the public, however, the hearing officer may close the hearing to protect compelling interests and rights or to comply with statutory requirements.
Anyone planning to attend a hearing should contact the Office of Professional Conduct (OPC) at 614-466-5638 in advance of the hearing to receive information regarding identification required to access the hearing location. At that time, OPC will verify whether there have been changes to the hearing schedule.
Last Modified: 8/5/2019 1:16:54 PM