Value-Added Roster Verification
The temporary changes in House Bill 197, House Bill 164 and House Bill 404 of the 133rd General Assembly impact teacher, principal and school counselor evaluations. These changes, made in the context of the COVID-19 pandemic, grant districts flexibility around educator evaluations for the 2020-2021 and 2021-2022 school years.
For more information, please see Education Evaluation Systems Guide for Restart.
Many Ohio teachers receive a value-added report each fall that provides important data from the previous school year that schools use in educator evaluations and in instructional decision making. Superintendents, principals and teachers get ready in the spring for the next school year’s value-added reports through the important process known as roster verification.
Teachers can review and refine their class rosters during roster verification to ensure that their classroom time is linked to the correct students, for the correct subjects and the proper amount of time. The system allows for complex situations, such as when multiple teachers must claim instructional time for an individual student.
District Leaders – Steps to Get Ready for 2021 Roster Verification
Mark district calendars for important dates
Learn who will link this year
Teachers who should participate in roster verification are those who teach students who are taking the following state tests during the 2020-2021 school year:
- Elementary and Middle School Tests: Grades 4-8 – English Language Arts and Mathematics; Grade 5 and 8 Science.
- End-of-Course Tests for High School Credit: Algebra I, Geometry, Integrated Mathematics I and II, English Language Arts II, American History, American Government and Biology.
administrators - please take leadership roles
Share resources and support
- Superintendents – Leadership of traditional districts; joint vocational, career-technical and community schools; as well as educational service centers are to confirm their participation online. They will each receive an email message with a link to an authorization form.
- Principals – Principals will serve as the key lead for their buildings and assist teachers in accurately depicting their instructional time and relationships.
- Lead administrators – These staff members will need access to all teachers’ rosters within the district so they can help superintendents monitor districtwide completion.
- Educational service centers – A service center administrator needs to oversee roster verification for service center classes composed of students from multiple districts. When classes are completely composed of students from one district, that district will handle roster verification.
Watch your inbox for updates
Reminders and other details will appear in the EdConnection newsletter, as well as in email messages to superintendents, principals and teachers.
Direct any questions to:
Last Modified: 1/20/2021 10:40:01 AM