A major percentage of each teacher's evaluation comes from how much their students learn over the course of the year. For educators with no Value-Added data and no approved vendor data, schools should establish local measures, including student learning objectives, to measure student growth.
Types of Local Measures
- Student Learning Objectives
- Shared Attribution
- Approved Vendor Assessments (for Category A teachers only)
Student Learning Objectives
A student learning objective is a measurable, long-term academic growth target that a teacher sets at the beginning of the year for all students or for subgroups of students. Student learning objectives demonstrate a teacher’s impact on student learning.
- Writing Student Learning Objectives Using Sample Data -- Module 5A
- Writing SLOs Using Available Data - Module 5B
- Calibration of Student Learning Objectives Review - Module 6
Last Modified: 8/23/2016 3:22:54 PM