Apply for a New License
Principals, teachers (including substitutes), treasurers, coaches, educational aides and pupil services personnel are among those who need educator licenses. To obtain a new license, these individuals will use an application for the credential through the Ohio Department of Education's Connected Ohio Records for Educators system or ODE.CORE.
An educator who already is licensed to teach particular grades, (ex. prekindergarten through grade 3) who has recently earned the qualifications for another teaching license (ex. Middle Childhood) also should use the new application for the new license. Learn how to renew an existing license here.
Review the list of license types and teaching field codes available here.
Learn about Credential Types and Requirements
Getting Started on a New Application
- Sign into your SAFE account, OR if you do not have one, create a SAFE account. Once you receive confirmation that it is set up, sign into your account.
- Click on ODE.CORE.
- Select the UPDATE button to enter or correct your contact information including email address on the My Information page.
- Use the drop-down menu at top right to return to the CORE dashboard.
- Select APPLY to enter My Applications.
- Find the license type that is correct for you.
- Click on Apply.
If you wish to apply for more than one credential, repeat the steps above for each credential.
After you submit your application, it will be reviewed. You will receive an email acknowledgment of your submission. While you are waiting for your application to be processed, you may login and click on the STATUS button on the CORE dashboard for information about your application. You also will receive an email when your application request is approved or denied.
Last Modified: 5/16/2018 3:47:28 PM