Professional Administrator License – 5 Year
A candidate for a new superintendent, principal or administrative specialist license who has completed an approved licensure program is to submit a new application request for the professional administrator license.
School Treasurer and School Business Manager Licenses – 5 Year
An educator who is interested in applying for a professional administrator license must meet the qualifications outlined in Ohio administrative rule:
- Earn a master’s degree from an accredited university.
- Complete an approved preparation program.
- Receive a recommendation from the dean or head of teacher education at the institution where he or she completed the preparation program.
- Complete the Ohio Assessment for Educators licensure exam #015, Educational Leadership, prescribed by the State Board of Education.
- A principal must have two years of successful teaching experience with students of the ages and grade levels for which the principal license is sought.
- A superintendent must have three years of successful experience in a position requiring a principal or administrative specialist license.
Qualified candidates may choose to pursue a nontraditional pathway toward a career in education. Find out more at the following links:
- Access your SAFE account.
- Click ODE.CORE.
- Complete the online application from your Dashboard.
- See the CORE User Manual for complete instructions.
Last Modified: 6/4/2018 2:32:32 PM