Pupil Services Licenses

Individuals who have completed an approved licensure program for one of the following positions may request a pupil services license to work in Ohio schools. Applicants who completed an approved licensure program in another state for the positions listed should read about the supporting documents required for these applications that are posted here. Read the statement here for clarification on ODE licensing requirements for the pupil services areas of school audiologist, school social worker, school speech-language pathologist, school nurse, occupational therapist, physical therapist, occupational therapy assistant and physical therapy assistant.

  • School counselors
  • School psychologists
  • School nurses
  • School audiologists
  • School social workers
  • School speech-language pathologists
  • Orientation and mobility specialists

Pupil Services License Options

The applications for the two licenses below require an electronic signature of the authorized e-signer noted.

  • Pupil Services License – 5 Year – requires the electronic signature of the dean or dean-designee of the college of education at the Ohio college or university where the approved licensure program was completed, EXCEPT for the occupational therapist and physical therapist licenses, which do not require an electronic signature.  
  • Temporary Pupil Services License – 1 Year – requires the electronic signature of the superintendent or his or her designee of the employing Ohio school district.

School Occupational and Physical Therapists and Assistants

Occupational or physical therapists may apply for a new professional pupil services license using the in-state application instructions above, regardless of where they completed their college preparation. Documentation required will include official transcripts and a currently valid license issued by the Ohio Occupational Therapy, Physical Therapy and Athletic Trainers Board.

Occupational or physical therapy assistants are to request an associate license using the in-state application. The application can be found under the teaching heading in the CORE licensure system.



Last Modified: 5/18/2018 4:08:32 PM