Instructional Assistant Permit – Autism Scholarship
The Ohio Department of Education issues one-year instructional assistant permits to individuals who meet qualifications and have been hired by a registered private provider under the Autism Scholarship Program.
Who may apply for this permit? This permit is for individuals who provide services to children under the Autism Scholarship Program only. These services include the supervision of children and assistance with instructional tasks. Please see section 3301-25-10 of the Ohio Administrative Code for more information about requirements for this permit.
Complete the following before applying for this permit (new or renewal) through the Department’s online system:
- Obtain employment as an instructional assistant with the registered private provider; AND
- Notify the registered provider you will be selecting it to electronically sign your application.
Do you have current background checks on file? You must have current background checks for licensure. Please see our Background Check FAQs for more information.
Have you met coursework requirements? You must meet one of the following requirements:
- Hold an associate degree or higher from an accredited institution of higher education; OR
- Have completed at least two years of study (defined as 48 semester hours or 72 quarter hours) at an accredited institution of higher education.
You may renew your one-year instructional assistant permit provided you have met employment requirements and completed the following:
- Successfully performed instructional tasks; AND
- Completed in-service training.
Please note, the registered private provider verifies all renewal requirements.
- Access your SAFE account.
- Click ODE.CORE.
- Complete the online application from your Dashboard.
- See the CORE User Manual for complete instructions.
Last Modified: 3/18/2019 3:17:09 PM