Renew a License
All educators now use the Connected Ohio Records for Educators (CORE) system exclusively to renew their licenses, permits or certificates online. The online process provides a secure environment for educators to update their demographic data and pay licensure fees using a credit card or electronic check.
Before starting your renewal application, be sure your background check is still valid.
No pre-approval of coursework: Applicants do not need to seek pre-approval of coursework from the Ohio Department of Education. The department does not pre-approve coursework. Applicants should select coursework related to classroom teaching and/or area of licensure.
Accreditation: Coursework must be completed at an accredited college or university. To verify accreditation, check with the college or university directly or check here. Click here to find accredited institutions approved to offer Educator Preparation programs in the state of Ohio.
Get ready to renew your license
If you wish to renew, advance or transition to one of the licenses listed in this section, check the appropriate link below first for special instructions. If you do not see your license in this section, skip ahead to the gray box to get started on your application.
Getting Started with the Online Application
- Sign into your SAFE account.
- Click on ODE.CORE.
- On the UPDATE My Information page, update your contact information including email address.
- Return to the CORE dashboard using the drop-down menu at top right. Then select RENEW My Credentials.
- At the drop-down menu marked Action, select Renew, Advance or Transition.
- Complete the three steps of the application. You can save your application and return to it from the My Applications section if you want to complete and pay for it on another day.
- Click on Apply.
If you wish to apply for more than one credential, repeat the steps above for each credential.
After you submit your application, it will be reviewed. You will receive an email acknowledgment of your submission. While you are waiting for your application to be processed, you may login and click on the STATUS button on the CORE dashboard for information about your application. You also will receive an email when your application request is approved or denied.
Last Modified: 5/15/2017 8:03:45 AM