How Do I Align My Professional Licenses?
Ohio educators who have multiple five-year professional licenses expiring at different times may align their licenses to take on the same effective year. As a certificate expires and is ready to be renewed, it may be aligned to a currently issued five-year professional license.
Below is an example:
Please Note: Professional licenses can only be aligned at the time of expiration.
The requirements for license renewal remain unchanged, regardless of whether licenses are issued separately or aligned.
Educators who are employed in the schools of Ohio will:
- Continue to work through their Local Professional Development Committees (LPDC),
- Have an Individual Professional Development Plan (IPDP) in place prior to completion of professional development work, and
- The professional development work should be completed since the issuance of the certificate or license to be renewed.
Whether licenses are issued together or separately, educators should continue to work with their LPDCs to ensure that IPDPs are properly maintained.
New Licenses Issued Separately
When an educator meets requirements for a resident educator or professional licensure in an additional area through completion of an approved licensure program or pathway, or qualifies to advance to a professional license, the new license will be issued as a separate license with a current effective year and will not be backdated to join an existing license. Alignment cannot be completed until the expiration year of the license.
- Access your SAFE account.
- Click ODE.CORE.
- Complete the online application from your Dashboard.
- See the CORE User Manual for complete instructions.
Last Modified: 6/4/2018 3:14:03 PM