Career-Technical Workforce Development Supplemental Teaching License
A supplemental license for teaching in a career-technical workforce development program may be issued at the request of an employing Ohio superintendent to the holder of a standard license.
Note: Once an individual has been issued a supplemental teaching license for a particular licensure area or teaching field, it will be necessary to complete the supplemental licensure program or the equivalent and be issued a standard teaching license in that area, prior to requesting a supplemental teaching license in another area.
Review the complete list of supplemental license types and teaching field codes available here.
- Five years of fulltime work experience or the equivalent in the career field;
- 3 semester hours of an approved pre-service career-technical program from a college or university that is approved to prepare career-technical workforce development teachers.
The employing school district shall assign a teacher with teaching experience and licensure in the area in which the supplemental teaching license is requested to serve as a mentor to the supplemental teaching license holder.
- The superintendent and the university official where the applicant is completing the approved career-technical licensure program must sign the CTE-37 application.
First and Second Renewal Requirements
A currently valid standard Ohio teaching certificate or license
CTE-37 form signed by the superintendent and the university official to verify continuing progress in completing career-technical licensure program requirements
Eligibility for a Professional License
- Completion of an approved program of preparation from a college or university that is approved to prepare career-technical workforce development teachers
How Do I Complete My Online Application?
- Access your SAFE account.
- Click on ODE.CORE.
- From your Dashboard, select the appropriate action (Renew/My Credentials or Apply/New Application).
- Complete the three steps of the application, and submit payment.
Last Modified: 10/10/2017 10:52:35 AM